Sunday, October 20, 2013

THE REVIEW

HOLDING THE FORT


Annette, Jim and Jason joined me for a Meeting of the Rams on Wednesday. Ellie is away in Australia. Margaret F. is busy moving. Wendy wasn’t feeling well. And Lorelie was keeping her mother company.

I read first, a short personal piece I had written to my son to let him know how much I loved and appreciated him. My children have often told me how thankful they are that I’ve been their mother, so I thought it was time I had better let them know how much they mean to me. Jim said now I have to write something for my daughter as well. Point taken.

Jason read a chapter called “Crash”, which I believe is from one of his books regarding Gregg and Jody. This chapter describes in horrifying detail how Jody lost both her parents one night; her mother in a car crash and her father by suicide afterwards. We see the choice her father had to make about whom to save in a vehicle sinking in water, and what that choice did to him. Even though he saved Jody’s life, he was compelled to be with his wife in her watery grave. Totally horrifying for a young child to experience. This could also stand alone as a riveting short story.

Jim read Chapter 35 of Coventry Ghosts, Book II. Sara finds herself in Drako, in a foggy slow motion existence where she has trouble even thinking. Shei and Moog appear and join forces to bring invigorating energy from the Aeris in to strengthen Sara. She’s grateful, but then is suspicious when Moog smiles after she says she suspects the Umbra are hiding Jason.

Annette didn’t read. She’s been busy looking after a 17 month old grandchild.

I took new pictures of Jim and Annette for the website. Over Thanksgiving, Sonny posted all the updates I had so far sent him. He said he spent eight hours on it. There are still one or two more pictures and/or bios to be added, but most of the updates are done. You can check it out at www.ramsheadwriters.ca

The next Meeting will be Wednesday, November 6th at 7:00 p.m. here at my place. If you have any spooky Halloween stories you’ve written, be sure to bring them along, or because it will be so close to Remembrance Day, that is another topic that would be timely, too. And even if you haven’t written anything, just attend to support the others who have. You are always most welcome here. Hope to see you then.

LISA A. HATTON
Author

Published eBooks available at Kobo Books:
FIRE: http://kobobooks.com/search/search.html?q=9780991739615
LOVE FOUND: http://kobobooks.com/search/search.html?q=9780991739608

No comments: