Thursday, September 14, 2017

THE REVIEW

TEA FOR TWO

Annette and I were the only Rams in attendance last night so we held our Meeting in the kitchen over a pot of tea and a serving or two of irrelevant conversation and maybe a tidbit of gossip.

To keep us on the writing topic, Annette read from her story about Maxine and Jarod. Max returns to Jarod’s hospital room and finds he’s had a setback and is being rushed to surgery. She faints and spends some time in the ER, and then when she recovers, wanders the halls till she finds a chapel, where Claire is already seated. Claire tells her to come and meet her husband, who is dying. Max realizes that even though she wants her freedom from her relationship to Jarod, she doesn’t want him to die for her to achieve that. This chapter had me wanting to know why, exactly, Max feels her relationship with Jarod is so unbearable.

I read a 150 word author’s bio I was required to submit, along with my picture, to the Lit CafĂ© where I have been invited to read. Out of thirteen who applied, I was one of the five chosen to participate. The event takes place October 2nd, at Alexandria House in Crescent Beach, at 7:00 p.m. The theme is Love/Romance/Relationships, so I will be reading one or more of my stories from “Honey Signed The Waiver”. Each author is asked to read for 10 minutes. Then there will be a panel discussion with participation from the floor. Lastly, there will be an open mic for other authors who would like to read. You are all invited to attend. I have been assured there is ample parking there both on site and on the street. When I told Honey he had to drive me, he asked if I’m buying him supper like he does for me when I go to his open mic or Karaoke nights.

Other good news I had was that my story, “Parade of Sorrow”, will be published in the anthology “The Stand” by Polar Expressions. I had a very good week.

Just so I could feel more professional, I went and ordered some new business cards for myself as an author/writer with lots of information on them about contacting me, about the Rams, about my books at Kobo, the blog for The Review. I will start promoting myself with glossy business cards! Ha! Ha!

Yesterday was Charity’s anniversary, so she was busy. Kay started a new job. And Crystal was working last night.

The next Meeting will be Wednesday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. here at my place. We will be back on schedule with our Meetings the first and third Wednesdays of the month. I look forward to seeing you next week.

Lisa A. Hatton
Author

No comments: